NSN 4240-01-160-5618 Aviation Magnesium Survival Fire Starter Government Issue.
- This is the most reliable and safest fire starting tool available today.
- Simple, effective, safe design allows you to create fuel and light your fire in two steps.
- Outperforms similar fire starters from other manufacturers. Used by the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Magnesium shaving edge & sparking insert Water resistant instructions. Waterproof plastic.
- Step 1: Scrape tool with any knife (or sharp object, like a rock) to create a small pile magnesium shavings about the size if a 10c coin.
- Step 2: Ignite shavings with built-in sparking insert Start hundreds of fires with a flame source of 2,900°C Safe; fireproof in solid form Carry in a pocket or attach to bag with included chain loop
- Measures 7.62cm x 2.54cm x 0.7cm Weighs 45g
- It is the FIRST CHOICE for sportsmen, campers, and outdoor enthusiasts throughout the world. Count on it to work, wet or dry, even with damp kindling.
- It's so dependable, it's been adopted by the U.S. Armed forces for their survival kits. And all you need to make it work is a knife.