TThe Ionosphere ™ by Snugpak ® is a two-pole, one-door compact tent; expertly designed for planned overnight ventures, wild camping and adventure races, where more robust protection from the weather elements is required. A tried and tested favourite of Hill and Moorland Leaders, Mountain Leaders and Military Personnel, the Ionosphere has an impressive floor space, measuring 2.4m long and 0.9m wide, creating ample room for a single person with their equipment; in an emergency, the Ionosphere™ can accommodate two people.
This low profile easily pitched tent packs down small and has a mere trail weight of 1.2kg. Using tried and tested DAC ® Aluminium Poles, so it doesn't take up valuable space in your pack. Ideal for extended ventures and multiple days use with the Softie® Osprey 12 Sleeping Bag.
The perfect one-person tent, the Ionosphere™ will shelter you from all but the worst inclement weather, with a 5000mm Hydrostatic Head PU Coated Fly sheet, with taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, to keep out the bugs in summer months and warmer climates. For wild summer camping, the Ionosphere is the perfect green, allowing you to pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas, as well as being able to pitch and adjust should wind direction change, using a two- pole system to form a hooped shelter that keeps condensation build up to a minimum.
Hydrostatic Head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter’s material’s coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL) referred to as a PU Coating. It is this coating that gives Snugpak® Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties. See the article, Understanding Hydrostatic Head; How Waterproof is My Tent? on the Snugpak Community Website.
- Pack Weight: 1520g / 54oz
- Trail Weight: 1200g / 42oz (Fly, Poles & Inner Tent)
- Packsize: 48cm x 14cm / 19" x 6"
- Pitch type: Inner first
- Doors: Single-point front entry with ample porch
- Vents: 3 Vents
- Flysheet: 210t 100% polyester ripstop with (5000mm HH) waterproof polyurethane coating
- Inner tent: 190t 100% nylon inner fabric, with a 50D polyester No-See-Um-Mesh
- No-see-um netting 1600 holes per square inch
- Groundsheet: 190t 100% nylon with (5000mm HH) waterproof polyurethane coating
- DAC® Featherlite NSL® Anodised Aluminium Poles with pressfit connectors, 100% aluminium
- Waterproof Taped Seams
- Ten Mesh Internal Pockets for equipment and head-end hanging loop (Five on each side)
- Supplied with 16 Lightweight Alloy Y-Stakes, with two-spares (14 + 2 Spare Stakes)
- Flame Retardant
- Supplied with a compression storage bag
- Origin: Imported
- Supplied with a basic repair kit